- 1 lb fresh cranberries
- 1/4 c 100% cranberry juice (NOT COCKTAIL)
- 1/4 c 100% orange juice
- ~1/2 c honey (eye it)
**Add a little more or a little less of juices. It’s mostly a preference thing. As long as you keep the 1/2 c liquid, it’ll be fine.
Here’s how to do it:
- Dump everything into a pan or pot and cook on medium-high heat (tip: don’t be a fool like me—heat the pan AFTER everything’s in it. I made the mistake of heating the pan before and steam blew up in my face)
- Once it starts to simmer, cover with lid. You’ll hear popping noises and that’s okay!! The popping noise comes from the cranberries bursting, releasing all that pectin into the liquid.
- After most berries are burst, remove lid and let simmer until most of the liquid is reduced. Stir occasionally.
- Spoon into jar, bowl, whatever you want and refrigerate for 3 hours or until the jam is set. I usually do this the night before so I don’t have to worry about that.
P.S. If you don’t want chunks of cranberry in your jam, just let the mixture cool in the pan (no more steam) before spooning it into a food processor or blender. Don’t try to blend a hot mixture—it’ll explode and splatter onto everything.
And that’s it. Now you have tart/sweet cranberry jam to go with turkey or biscuits for Thanksgiving. Enjoy~